Monday, February 18, 2013

Review: I Saw The Devil (Korean Thriller Movie)


As Asians, we know for a fact that Koreans are superb at dramas and romantic comedies with leads with a boy-band face. I didn't know they are good at thrillers too, not until I got hold of a Blu-Ray of I Saw The Devil starring one of Korea's most promising actors Lee Byung-hun.

I Saw the Devil is a shockingly violent yet amazingly created film. I was never a fan of gore and violent films, let alone K-Pop, but this one is just so surprising. Portraying the role of Soo-hyun, a detective who tracked down his pregnant fiance's murderer and plots an extraordinarily violent revenge, Lee Byung-hun did an amazing job. His acting was amazing. The main antagonist Choi Min-sik, on the other hand, portraying the psycho murderer is just  equally stunning. The scenes where so real that you can actually feel how painful the decapitation is. The entire screenplay is also amazing. The story is so original. It wasn't your usual vengeance film, it was violence with a taste.

Watching this makes me wanna get more of these Korean thrillers.

You guys know any other good ones? Let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment